Set in a woodland on a private estate with safe access to two lakes, we will introduce
you to the core skills necessary for both the enjoyment and potential survival in
wilderness areas. These will include:
* Wilderness safety
* Protection from the elements
* Natural shelter building
* Fire lighting and management
* Water collection and purification
* Collection and preparation of wild food
Course Level Child Friendly Length (Days) Food Provided
Novice Yes 2 Days Yes
Provided on first night, second night is under shelter built by student
You need to bring
* Suitable outdoor clothing (including warm clothes – jumpers, thermals, gloves,
warm hat and waterproofs)
* Suitable footwear (boots or walking shoes, trainers do not provide enough support
* Kip mat / Thermorest
* Sleeping bag
* Cooking pot that can be hung over a fire
* Personal first aid kit
* Ruc sac
* Knife, fork, spoon set (KFS)
* Mug with handle – metal mugs are more durable and can be used for heating drinks
* Torch / head torch
* Bowl / plate
* 2 x water bottles ( this is important as one is used for water collection from
the lake and the other you use to drink from)
* 2 x candles ( night lights are fine)
* 10 metres of Para cord / nylon cord
* Alcohol / antibacterial hand wash gel
* Toilet roll
* Note book and pencil – pens tend to run out or freeze in cold weather
* Any other personal kit you wish to bring
* A camping chair or stool is highly recommended.
We can provide the kit needed if you do not have it and will bring along to the course.
You can order from the shop page beforehand.
We will provide
* A shelter for your first night under a tarp, the second night is under a shelter
made by the students.
* Food for the weekend which includes a meal on the Friday, lunches and normally
a meal on Saturday of wild foods you prepare yourself.
Please let us know if you are a vegetarian as the wild foods is meat or fish.
* A fire steel
* A carbon steel sheath knife suitable for your course needs